Now you've installed the Kashin Parking App, what do you do next?
1) Start the App
2) If you have previously registered with Txtpay or Kashin or the Wilson Parkmate App, you're good to go. If you've forgotten your password, enter your email or mobile number and click on 'Forgot Password'.
3) If you haven't registered previously, click on Sign Up and enter your details.
4) After you've signed up, you'll arrive at the secure Debit Card/Credit Card page. The App charges your registered card after the end of each parking session authorised by you. Our secure credit card processing is operated independently by a Tier 1 payment processor, ensuring secure payments. Kashin does not record or have access to your card details.
5) After card setup, you are returned to the Start Screen. Select your carpark by searching by Region and List View or click on the Map View to select from the carparks displayed closest to your GPS location.
6) Ensure your REGO # is correct or tap on it to change it for this parking session.
7) To start your parking session, tap the 'Start My Parking' button which will start the stopwatch timer displaying your active parking duration. You will receive ongoing notifications (you can change the notification frequency in settings). Simply tap 'Stop My Parking' to finish your parking session – the App will calculate the lowest parking charge applicable for the time parked.
I still need to display a ticket?
No - as soon as you hit start, the parking officer's monitoring devices are instantly sent your license plate details,
what car park you are in and whether your parking session is active.
It's not only more efficient, but being paperless you're helping us save the planet! Should you ever have any issues,
lease let us know and we'll be able to confirm that you had an active parking session and sort any matters for you.
What is the 50 cent transaction fee?
The 50 cent fee is the same type of credit card / merchant processing fee you pay at the Pay & Display machine (although the machine is 60 cents as it's through another payment provider).
This is the same kind of fee as you would pay when you use a council Pay & Dispay machine and use a credit card.
What do I do if I receive an error message when registering my credit card?
The most likely cause of this error is that you have already registered a credit card for Txtpay or Kashin and have not used Txtpay recently.
For security reasons, these accounts are registered as 'inactive' and we don't allow the cards to be charged.
To reactivate, simply click on 'Update Credit/Debit Card' within the 'Settings' menu of the App, or login to your Txtpay or Kashin account and re-enter your credit card account details there.
The system shall acknowledge that you again are a valid user and allow the card to be registered.
Is the credit card system secure?
Our secure credit card payment system operated by Advam is a Tier 1 payment processor which provides the most stringent industry accreditations including PCI compliance and EMV certification.
How do I view my Transaction History or get a GST Invoice?
Click on the My Account link on the Kashin front page or visit www.kashin.co.nz for your account details.
Here you can view your transaction history, print invoices etc.
You can use your Kashin App login to access this information.
What happens if I accidentally exit the App or my phone goes dead?
The App shall keep your session active as it is cloud based.
When you reopen the App, if you have an active session the Timer screen shall appear and your parking shall still be active.
Can I use multiple vehicles with Kashin?
Yes. You can only run one active session at once, but should you change cars,
you simply click on the License Plate in the START or SETTINGS screens to change it.
Why am I not receiving the Push Notifications?
Push notifications require the Application Manager's notification settings to be turned on.
In Android, go to the Apps Icon, Settings, scroll down to Application Manager, select Kashin, then ensure the Notifications box is checked.
For iOS, tap Settings, tap Notifications, scroll down to Kashin and select, then slide across Allow Notifications.
Note - Push notifications are dependent on your network provider.
If you are receiving data by Wifi, you shall also need to ensure that the Push Notifications are not being stopped by a firewall.
What happens if the App says I have an active session but the Start Screen is showing?
This rarely occurs, but if it does, simply close the App (through your phone's Task Manager) and restart and the Timer Screen shall again show you active session.
Restarting your device shall also solve this issue.
Can I use Kashin at Barrier Arm car parks?
Currently you can only use Kashin at Pay & Display sites - but watch this space!
Imagine never having to walk through the rain only to line up to then put coins or your credit card in a pay & display machine only to have to walk back through the rain again to put the display ticket on your dashboard.
Then at the end of the day you find you have to work late, so you have to walk all the back to the car (in the rain to repeat the process all over).
And then, instead of staying for the 2 hours you just paid for, you end up staying only 20 minutes and have wasted your money.
Kashin allows you to pay for your parking on your Smartphone for as long as you want, and you only pay for what you use.
It sounds too good to be true. What is the catch?
There is a catch. We want you to love our Kashin App so much that it's the only way that you pay for your parking.
So when you go out for dinner or perhaps do a spot of shopping on the weekend, you use the App to find your nearest parking site.
And it really is that easy, you'll keep using it and will probably even show your friends and colleagues.
Should you have any issues, questions or suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com